Wednesday 29 April 2015

2015 : THE YEAR OF FESTS, PRACTICES AND ADRENALINE (part one)

Ninth Grade kicked off for me with a bit of disappointment...for I was not in the same section as my friends. Bored and annoyed, "this year is gonna be junk" was all I could think back then, and my assumption was somewhat correct initially. However, the later dates of April proved to be in my favour since all the frenzied activities for the school fests (which start from the ninth grade) started creating quite a buzz around the school. Hell, it still is (!!!!) and the first fest that we're going to attend is one of the best school fests in the city (yes, The Heritage, I give it to you), Youthopia,  and it rocks everytime!!! Thus, came the auditions. Girls killin' it in stilettos, battling it out for 'Hammered' (which included me), shaking off some moves for the dance and others anticipating the results for the band, creative writing, doodling and an array of many other events. You see, everyone wants to make their mark in inter-school events and have been nurturing high hopes since an early age, but I am not hesitant to admit that people are super excited also because ours is an all-girls school, and fests mean "cute boy-spotting"!!! Anyways, the results came out, and luckily for me, two of my closest friends and I got selected for participation!!! Sneha for Hammered, Prakshi for the fashion show, and me...well, I got selected for something I love to do the most...and now I'm one of the vocalists in our school band!!! Obviously, very few things had ever thrilled me so much before, and today just happened to be the prologue of the whole novel of my "fest life". Now, the only thing that worries me is-I caught cold and cough out of nowhere!!!! Ah I'm praying hard to make this go away so I and the whole band can rock it and "get the crown on the QMSers' heads"!!! QMSers, wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment